Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad issues?!

My MacBook Pro trackpad is out of control, it's been like this for about a week (doesn't work to restart).

The mouse moves constantly without me moving it, and it's not working probably when it's not moving and clicking on it's own.

The only thing that works (for a short while) is to connect a wireless mouse to my mac, but it's still moving and clicking like it's disturbed or something!

Please help!

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 11:35 AM

Two common problems are

1) additional pointing devices that are still connected -- the Mac uses "all inputs simultaneously", so the movement you get is the sum of all pointing devices. This is especially diabolical if you have a tablet still attached, as tablet rules are a little different.

2) swollen battery -- this causes pressure under the trackpad and makes it misbehave.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2012 11:35 AM in response to SofiaSolb

Two common problems are

1) additional pointing devices that are still connected -- the Mac uses "all inputs simultaneously", so the movement you get is the sum of all pointing devices. This is especially diabolical if you have a tablet still attached, as tablet rules are a little different.

2) swollen battery -- this causes pressure under the trackpad and makes it misbehave.

Nov 19, 2012 11:56 AM in response to SofiaSolb

1) some users complained that their mouse was acting wonky. It turned out they still had their graphics tablet plugged in with the pen sitting on it. "But I was not using that!" answer: "Oh yes, you were, your Mac did not know you were not using that, so it was using both the "Idle" graphics tablet and the active mouse at the same time. When the table shakes, the tablet produced an input as well."

This would also apply to a Bluetooth mouse that was still on, but "I was not using that!"

Trackpad issues?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.