Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With new OS i can't connect with HDMI Port My TV

when i used my MBPR 15" connected with TV always got Black screen

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 10:58 AM

11 replies

Nov 22, 2012 2:45 AM in response to NHKSoul

Not sure why you marked the thread as "solved" as you still seem to be stuck...

You will need to adjust the screen resolution to a more practical one. To be able to do so, have System Preferences open before connecting the TV, and in a space of the desktop where you can see and access it when the TV is connected.

With the TV connected, click on" Display" in System Preferences. In the "Display" tab, select "Best for Display", if it isn't yet. You should now see the entire desktop on both TV and Mac, even if it might not be the best resolution for the Mac.

If you click on "Scaled", you will see a list of other resolutions you can try, especially if for some reason "Best..." is not the best.

Nov 22, 2012 9:03 AM in response to NHKSoul

Well, according to the image you posted here, your MBP screen is getting mirrored to the TV, but the resolution changes to let you see only a portion of the desktop.

That's why I suggested that you have System Preferences open, and in a region of the desktop where you can see it later, before connecting to the TV. Then, again, follow my advice in my most recent post here above to change resolution so you have the entire desktop on your screen(s).

Feb 1, 2013 11:31 AM in response to NHKSoul

I have the same thing. I have a Mac Book Pro Retina 15 " and it is impossible for me to use the integrated HDMI port. When I connect the HDMI cable to this port and to my TV (Samsung LED TV 42 "), my mac crashes, the screen turns black. TV screen remains black also. To restart my mac, I absolutely have to disconnect the cable. I changed a lot of cables and the problem remains the same. I bought a cable from the apple store "Artwizz HDMI cable for mac" by connecting the problem remains absolutely the same. on the other side, if I use Thunderbolt adapter / HDMI, the picture and sound are transferred perfectly.

With new OS i can't connect with HDMI Port My TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.