Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't find a video synced to my IPad

I admit it: I am a MAC newbie. I've worked on Linux and PCs for the last 20 years.... so this is probably just an ID10T error:

I added 5 home movies to ITunes than synced my IPad (3rd gen) with ITunes. ITunes says the movies are on the IPad. BUT, I cannot find them to open them in my editing app (iMovie).

User uploaded file

So, how do I find them in the apps?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2017 4:44 AM

It's not the only way : https://help.apple.com/imovie/ipad/2.2/#/kna18c32c373

8 replies

Nov 19, 2012 1:15 PM in response to TheRevMom

With the iPad connected to your computer and selected on the left-hand side of your computer's iTunes, one of the tabs on the right-hand side should be Photos (in a similar way that you have tabs for Music, Movies, Apps etc for selecting which of those to sync to the iPad). That is the only time that 'Photos' appears in iTunes, unlike music and films you don't first need to add photos to iTunes, you are just using iTunes as a tool for getting them from your computer to the iPad.

Syncing photos : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4236

Mar 27, 2015 5:41 PM in response to TheRevMom

Hi, you may have found the solution a long time back, but am posting for the benefit of anyone searching today... 🙂

Upload your videos to Dropbox via your computer.

Download the Dropbox app on your iPad/iphone.

Download the videos from the app to your device. It automatically saves in your Camera roll/Photos.

Now, you can find them via iMovie.

And btw, Apple should make it easier to find videos as soon as we add them via iTunes and avoid these workarounds.

I can't find a video synced to my IPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.