Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touching palmrest left of touchpad turns off MBP?

Has anybody experienced this...

Just recently, when I touch the palmrest of my MBP just left of the touchpad the computer shuts down. It's as if I'm hitting the power button.

Anybody been through this?

Thanks,

TD

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), A1260 2.4GH 2GB Ram 750GB HD FCE4

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 4:36 PM

It sounds like a HDD/logic board issue with a bad keyboard insulator, just went thru this with my kids MBP. Take it to the Apple store for diagnosis, they had a flat rate, they replaced the HDD, logic board twice, and put on a new keyboard for the flat rate. (with a 90 day warranty) Machine works like new, as it was one of my old "road dogs" that I gave to him. Cost less than 1/3rd of replacing it.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2012 4:36 PM in response to Terry Duschinski

It sounds like a HDD/logic board issue with a bad keyboard insulator, just went thru this with my kids MBP. Take it to the Apple store for diagnosis, they had a flat rate, they replaced the HDD, logic board twice, and put on a new keyboard for the flat rate. (with a 90 day warranty) Machine works like new, as it was one of my old "road dogs" that I gave to him. Cost less than 1/3rd of replacing it.

Touching palmrest left of touchpad turns off MBP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.