Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text error: Letters render as different letters!

User uploaded file

This has been happening occassionally (since I updated to FCPX 10.0.6): Notice how the rendered text says "Canon 24-/0," but the source text says "Canon 24-70"? Often FCPX transposes 7 with /, or sometimes it's opposite: an intentional / is replaced by 7. Weird, and maddening. It always looks correct in the monitor before render. Even if I force a re-render, no fix.

I'm using a font called "Headline Two," and I usually edit in a 720p23.98 timeline.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:54 PM

8 replies

Nov 28, 2012 7:26 AM in response to Griffinity

Griffinity wrote:

Here's the most egregious text error yet: a plus sign, equals sign and dollar sign are each rendered as completely different characters.

+ = $ becomes 3 | "

I just installed your font on my machine - look, what it does in MSWord:

User uploaded file

no signs at all!

so, this .otf is badly done

btw: all caps only, no €-characters, not well spaces/kerned (look that hole btw W and A!) and - imho! - ugly 😉

use a diff. font.-

e.g. IMPACT …

Nov 28, 2012 7:38 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Luis, I tried your test: copying the text out of FCPX, into TextEdit, and changing the font to "Headline Two." It looks fine. In fact, in FCPX, the font looks fine on the screen, until it renders. Perhaps there's something about the font that FCPX doesn't like, but FCPX is the only app I use that causes this problem with this particular text.

I blame FCPX, because I use this font weekly, and never had any problems with FCPX 10.0.5, but this problem happens often now that I use 10.0.6. Strangely, it's not even consistent: sometimes these symbols or numbers render correctly—sometimes not.

User uploaded file

Text error: Letters render as different letters!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.