Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 9 running on MacBook - Possible?

Hi,

May need your help to ensure that the little MB 13" Unibody with 2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo can drive LP9?

Thanks!

Logic Pro

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 8:10 PM

See the Minimum System Requirements Here...

http://www.apple.com/logicpro/specs/

9 replies

Nov 21, 2012 8:54 AM in response to AnaMusic

>Would suggest you get an External Hard Drive and use that to Write

>your Projects / Songs / Creations to...Leaving the Logic Program

>on your MB...

>

>Reading and Writing on the Same Disk can Slow / Clog the

>Performance of Logic... Especially as Projects tend to grow...

I always did as you suggest until I started using my rMBP's internal SSD for Logic a few days ago... it's SO much more responsive than before, I just couldn't go back using a normal HD... you have been warned !

This is when mixing with lots of tracks, lots of plugins and few instruments. I didn't try to record in multitrack on the SSD yet.

Dec 1, 2012 3:54 AM in response to AnaMusic

Hi Ana,

Another user turned me on to your discussion. He said you may have some knowledge that can help me solve a problem I'm having. I have big, fast i Mac. 8 g memory and i7 processor. OSX ML. Still though, when recording audio I am constantly plagued by the dreaded disc to slow flag. Stops, freezes, crashes. I am running everything on my Mac internal HD. I've tweaked everything ((buffer,etc.) and use extensive aux and buss routing. I use lots of NI stuff. Kontakt, studio drummer as well as Trilogy, Omnishere and RMX. Do lots of audio. (Choir, gits, plugins T racks, etc). So my CPU gets a workout. I saw that you had good experience with using an SSD. Can I swap that out with the current Mac internal HD that is now in my I Mac. If yes, Can you recommend a specific model? I am also running a Lacie 1 TB FireWire drive for backups. Would it make sense to send my audio recordings there instead of using my internal HD?

Could i, by doing that, get around buying new SSD? Someone had recommended a while back that I keep everything Logic on my I Mac drive. Reading your thread, I am now thinking maybe that was bad info and may be the cause of my slow HD messages. Maybe putting a SSD in my I Mac would solve my CPU problems. Or just sending the audio files to my Macie HD would do the trick?. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Jim Roche

Dec 2, 2012 12:06 PM in response to mactreouser

I was trying Logic Pro 9 already on my iMac, two different MacBook Pro computers and a MacBook Air. Finally I'm using only one installation, on my 2012 new MacBook Pro Retina. So I can say that running Logic depends mostly on two resources: memory (RAM) and CPU power.

Very important is RAM - dont underestimate this - you should have at least 8GB, 12GB is fine, 16GB is perfect! Without that much memory you will hear "sound artifacts" pretty soon when using AU plugins and some effects. Thats not much fun when working with big sample libraries like e.g. East West QL.

Harddisc or Solid State Disc (SSD) just means that your samples will load more or less faster. But it wont affect performance that much, its just more fun if you have instant access to sample libs.The MacBook Air for example just can be used for same smaller projects if it has only 4GB RAM available. That was my personal experience. Use external harddrive and Firewire/Thunderbolt to get samples loaded faster.

Logic Pro 9 running on MacBook - Possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.