Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6.0.1 made everything worse!

I upgraded to 6.0.1 today, and now my Wi-Fi doesn't work. It actually works for most things, but it's spotty. Any of the online shooter games that I have (NOVA and ShadowGun: Dead Zone) don't work right. As soon as I load up the online mode, Wi-Fi turns off and cellular replaces it. ShadowGun didn't notify me of this, so I ended up using an entire GB of data! Luckily NOVA told me that I was on cellular.

This REALLY annoys me. I just got through dealing with the first issue, where it counted all internet as data, even if it was Wi-Fi. NOW I've got this osik. It's very consistent, I rebooted, I restarted the apps, and I did this multiple times, but there is no change. As soon as I connect to the server, I've switched to data.

Why is this happening? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

In the meantime... how can I downgrade to 6.0?

I'm so sick of these problems. I really expected more from Apple... =(

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 8:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 8:48 PM

I'm sorry, but Apple does not provide a downgrade path for iOS. Because downgrading is unsupported by Apple we cannot discuss it on these forums, but you can use Google to find information on how to install an older version of iOS on any iDevice.

3 replies

Nov 19, 2012 8:50 PM in response to TechnoSam

First, there is no Apple supported method for downgrading software.

The support of specific apps in a particular iOS is the responsibility of the app developer. Not sure of those apps support iOS 6.0.1. You would have to check with them.

What user troubleshooting have you done, in order they are restart, reset, restore from backup, restore as new. Once you have tried all of those options, if it still doesn't work, then you contact Apple for a hardware check.

iOS 6.0.1 made everything worse!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.