Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

24-bit 192 KHz support for Airplay and Airport Express?

How to get iTunes to stream my 24-bit and 192 KHz ALAC songs to Airport Express over WiFi? When I do, the music is somewhere converted down to regular CD format och 16-bit 44.1 KHz. If I instead connect using USB direct from my Mac or PC to my DAC it sends out 24-bit 192 KHz, so is this a restriction in iTunes network streaming or in the Airport Express, and how do I hack it?

Has Apple told anyone when they will support 24-bit and 96/192 KHz HiFi resolution music as the other devices like Logitech and Sonos that does this already?

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 11:00 PM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2013 2:26 PM in response to zingo

I just bought a Pioneer N-50 in order to play 24bit audio files from my iMac by Airplay. I can't see if it does and can't find any documentation about it. I read somewhere (can't find it anymore) that the Pioneer plays 24bit files just fine from iTunes over Airplay. What's the secret?

24-bit 192 KHz support for Airplay and Airport Express?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.