Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 to 6.0.1 wifi connectivity still grayed out or disabled after all possible resets, restores and updates

Pls have this to pay attention for. If this is a hardware problem, what must be done to repair it? If that's a bug, when shall A.guys have a fix for that.

BTW, may that be a problem actually linked to Bluetooth connectivity in the first turn? Bluetooth connectivity option is constantly "trying to determine it's state" (BT option setting shows "busy" running circle instead of on/off state), and after it finally gets to off state there appears to happen some change to wifi option behavior. Once it had even started back for an hour, but fell back to disabled soon afterwards.

At least both these problems appeared together at the same time.

All possible resets, firmware restores and 6.0.1 did not fix that. Shall I need to jailbreak the OS to fix it?

And btw, the whole situation already ran a lot of people into high spendings for their 2g/3G overwhelming cellular data traffic. Apple to apologize for that at least? Or shall there be iPhone 6 and the problem would remain unfixed and unnoticed?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1, iPhone purchased in Finland in June

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:13 PM

9 replies

Nov 20, 2012 3:44 AM in response to dbaranov

Wi-Fi or Bluetooth grayed out

You are aware that we are all users like yourself, correct? No one from Apple reads or responds to postings here. Do whatever you like with your device, just be aware that discussion of jailbreaking is not permitted here and doing so will void any possible warranty on the device and void all rights to support here or via Apple.

Apr 25, 2013 6:38 AM in response to RajaRani

yea i tried that..

i called apple and they said i was 83 days out of warranty and it would cost me 250 $$ to replace the phone. not happy considering that it is iOS 6 that cause the problem (my girlfriend is still runnin iOS 5 and her phone works a treat)

when i called apple on the 24th of April, the man i spoke to told me to jailbreak my phone so i could re-intall and older iOS... not sure that is good advice because then any help they should offer would be null and void

im losing faith in Apple, when thier own staff are teling you to do things you shouldnt do

Apr 25, 2013 6:50 AM in response to diesel vdub

well i am telling you that i spoke to Apple australia on the 24/4/13 at 11:48 am... and the man told me that because i was out of warranty by 83 days, it would cost me $200, but then relaised i was on about 4s not 4 and re-quoted $250 (australian) dollers

i then asked how to go back to iOS 5 because my girlfriends phone and wifi works fine

he said i would have to jailbreak my phone to get the older iOS... their calls are recorded at apple and im sure they are reading this...

i wouldnt waste my time signing up to this forum with my own apple I.D to start telling lies

iOS 6 to 6.0.1 wifi connectivity still grayed out or disabled after all possible resets, restores and updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.