Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i make voice calls form ipad mini..does it have dailing option.

apple ipad mini cellular-OTHER, iOS 6

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 10:48 PM

7 replies

Jan 17, 2013 10:59 AM in response to neeraj.coolmind

Hi all,

I wondered the same thing. Which is does an iPad have the phone hardware. My iPad3 has a phone number associated with it. Is it lack of hardware or software that is the issue? I might be interested in a iPad mini if I could use it as a phone. I never thought I would be saying that. Maybe in the next version of the iPad mini.

I have a ipad3 and a iPhone 4S. I like the idea of a iPhone big enough to support the iPad display layout opposed to the iPhone layout. And at what minimal screen size would be needed 5 inch 6 inch, etc. in order to basicly turn an iPhone into an iPhone/iPad or whatever it would be called.

John Gerard

Jan 29, 2013 12:09 PM in response to sberman

In all do respect, You dd not really answer my question/statement. Which was, is it that the ipad does not have the phone circuits/hardware or is is a matter of just adding the phone app from the iPhone. I am thinking it must be that the actual phone circuitry is not present in an ipad.. There are other tablets on the market that work as a phone and a tablet computer. Anyway that would be the only reason for me to get a ipad mini is if the next version included a phone.

John

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.