Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is no Macintosh HD and Recovery HD on Startup Manager

i have installed Windows 7 using Bootcamp before

when i open Startup Manager there is no Macintosh HD or Recovery HD

only Windows shows up

any solution?

thanks

(sorry my english was bad)

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), OS X Mountain Lion and Windows 7

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 2:23 AM

18 replies

Nov 21, 2012 8:16 AM in response to HadiW

If your computer came with DVDs:

1. Insert the OS X DVD and press C key when your Mac starts.

2. Go to Utilities > Disk Utility and erase the drive.

3. Install OS X again. Then, open  > Software Update and install the most recent version. Finally, open App Store > Purchases and download OS X Mountain Lion

Nov 21, 2012 8:22 AM in response to HadiW

HadiW wrote:

Thanks for reply

But, before you replied. I tried using the PRAM Reset, I think that will fix it. But instead make a new problem.

I can't open the Startup Manager and I have been pressing the Command + R and it's not working

It's keep booting from Windows everytime i turn on the machine

Reboot, when you hear the chime press and hold the X key.

I think you borked OSX when you installed W7, post back if X does not get you to your Mac partition.

Nov 21, 2012 8:21 AM in response to mende1

mende1 wrote:

If your computer came with DVDs:

1. Insert the OS X DVD and press C key when your Mac starts.

2. Go to Utilities > Disk Utility and erase the drive.

3. Install OS X again. Then, open  > Software Update and install the most recent version. Finally, open App Store > Purchases and download OS X Mountain Lion

The OP is on 10.8, there are no discs, but there should be a recovery partition.

Nov 21, 2012 8:31 AM in response to mende1

mende1 wrote:

But the OP can't access to Recovery HD, so the OP has to insert the Mac OS X DVD that came with her/his Mac or press Command, Option and R keys if her/his Mac didn't come with DVDs

That's why I need to know what happens when an OSX boot is forced with the X key, if it doesn't work then there is almost certainly no OSX partition available, I'll wait and see what transpires before I advise what to do next. 🙂

There is no Macintosh HD and Recovery HD on Startup Manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.