Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem: squares on screen

Hi all.

this problem has been with me for a while, but recently is poping up every couple of minutes.

User uploaded file

i've a mac book pro mid 2010

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (which i upgrade, don't remember where i bought them).

is it a graphic problem? ram problem? sw problem?

any suggestion?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), screen problem

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 1:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 1:32 AM

Look as if it's a GPU problem. I believe that there were some problems with 2010 models - let me see if I can fine the link - http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4088 - see if this applies to you and your problem.

Clinton

6 replies

Nov 20, 2012 1:48 AM in response to elstefano

Oh, yeah - I would still suspect the graphics card, though - it's just not rendering correctly.

If I were you, I'd take the machine to your local Apple Store or an AASP and have them check it out. You might want to complete an Apple Hardware Test before taking it in to see if you can isolate the problem yourself.

Good luck,

Clinton

Nov 20, 2012 2:50 AM in response to elstefano

is beacues ram are not apple-ram?

Nah, I've non-Apple RAM and run the AHT regularly (just to make sure that I'm giving good advice - not because of any hardware problems on my end).

Try just holding down the "D" key - I've had both D and option-D work for me... you have to hold down the key for a long, long time. Try it again and report your results.

Clinton

problem: squares on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.