Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I created my ICloud account before 9/19/12 from an existing MobileMe account but do not have an @icloud.com option. I was offered the chance to make the change in an e-mail but the @icloud.com option does not appear in my from field

I created my ICloud account before 9/19/12 from an existing MobileMe account but do not have an @icloud.com option. I was offered the chance to make the change in an e-mail but the @icloud.com option does not appear in my from field

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 5:17 AM

4 replies

Nov 20, 2012 10:55 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I tried doing what you said and was told that my set up was chosen already. I think they mean with my id and pw it is taken by the @me account. I suppose I could delete the @me account and create another with the same id before the @icloud.com but I dare not take the chance. I also might be able to create an @icloud.com account with a different id (change the way I enter my name before the @ sign). What would be the point? They indicated that the @me account will still be good. I don't know if I have explained myself clearly or not. If you have any other thoughts have at it.

thanks

Nov 20, 2012 11:17 AM in response to johnfromnorth andover

The @me.com and @icloud.com are the same account with the same setup, not different accounts, so deleting an re-entering the account won't do anything. You are trying to enter the @icloud.com address in the correct field? - 'Email address' - this should already have your @me.com address in it. What operating system are you using? (Please always post this when you have a question.)

According to this page it should happen automatically:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5441

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.