Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my photo stream is empty - even if I stop start it - YET some photos from the stream ARE imported

I am turning on photo stream for iphoto and Newer photos do get imported from the the clould but only some of them.

I can create shared photo streams and they work

but my photo stream in iphoto is always empty

(I do see the last 1000 on my iphone and ipad. )

please help.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 4:34 AM

4 replies

Nov 20, 2012 10:39 AM in response to Fritz Jung

Make a temporary, backup copy (if you don't already have a backup copy) of the library and try the following:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete iPhoto's cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto folder.

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

3 - launch iPhoto, reset all its preferences and check the Photo Stream again.

NOTE: If you're moved your library from its default location in your Home/Pictures folder you will have to point iPhoto to its new location when you next open iPhoto by holding down the Option key when launching iPhoto. You'll also have to reset the iPhoto's various preferences.

NOTE 2: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and hit the Enter button - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

OT

Nov 20, 2012 12:51 PM in response to Old Toad

wow - thank YOU for this help old toad - I followed it to the letter and trashed those two files (and made visible the folders to do so - .. but NO LUCK .

I'm using latest OS, iphoto and my library is in the default location.

I can create and share and subscrible to new photo streams with my wife

but the my photo stream just shows zero images a poster image that is a gray palm tree.

if I double click to open it displays the yellow post it that sez

'to get started with photo stream etc... '

I've tried turning ps on and off ... stilll nothing.

I also tried trashing similar prefs/caches in aperature.

still a gray cloud.

Nov 20, 2012 1:58 PM in response to LarryHN

another good suggestion - perhaps corruption in the stream itself.

I cleared out the 1000 photos - and primed it with two new photos. -

still nothing showing in iphoto my photo stream - BUT those two photos did import into iphoto nov photo stream -

I'm guessing there an issue with my local library- my photo stream is empty in BOTH iphoto and aperature (both the latest builds) - photo stream contents appear nicely on my apple tv, iphone/pad etc.

my photo stream is empty - even if I stop start it - YET some photos from the stream ARE imported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.