Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod Classic has mysteriously now got 111GB of storage used for 'Other'. Any ideas anyone?

I synced my iPod Classic last night and this strange thing wasn't there then. I went to sync just now (Mon pm) and couldn't due to the 'Other' taking up 111GB. Has anyone else encountered this? How can I find out what the 'Other' is?

iPod classic

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 5:19 AM

3 replies

Nov 21, 2012 8:53 AM in response to jamesrobinson010

Other consists of album artwork, the iPod's software, games, files you are storing on the iPod if you are using it an external drive and files that cannot be categorized elsewhere by iTunes or the iPod such as corrupted files leftover from failed sync operations with iTunes.

In order to reduce the size of other, you'll need to restore the iPod Shuffle to factory settings in iTunes.

Restoring iPod shuffle to factory settings

B-rock

Nov 24, 2012 8:33 AM in response to jamesrobinson010

It could be an indication or a damaged or dying hard drive. I would recommend doing a disk diagnostic on the iPod's HD using the instructions given by turingtest2 in this older thread. He also covers what the resulting numbers indicate.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3784647?start=0&tstart=0

If necessary, post the resultings numbers and we can verify what the next steps to take.

B-rock

My iPod Classic has mysteriously now got 111GB of storage used for 'Other'. Any ideas anyone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.