Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Menu and Pause buttons won't work on iPod classic.

I've had the iPod for a while, long enough that my warranty is over. My problem with the pause button started a few months ago, it would go in spurts of working fine and working on and off. In the past few weeks the menu button has started to not work as well. As of yesterday they have both completely stopped working. I've tried restoring it to factory settings, syncing it over and over, and resetting it (which I can't do now because my menu button won't work). Does anyone have any suggestions? Or is it time for me to get a new iPod...

iPod classic, 160gb iPod Classic (Black)

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 8:39 AM

It might also be a good idea to let the iPod's battery fully drain. Then charge it back up and restore it once more in iTunes.

Otherwise, it's likely a hardware issue with the iPod's clickwheel, meaning you'll need to take or send your iPod in for service either via Apple or a third party repair service. Here is Apple's repair pricing.

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/prices/

Note that they don't actually repair the device, but exchange it for one of the same generation, model, and capacity. A third party service will actually replace the damage part for a little less. Google "iPod repair" and you should get a number of results to work with.

B-rock

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2012 8:39 AM in response to Connor Hawkins

It might also be a good idea to let the iPod's battery fully drain. Then charge it back up and restore it once more in iTunes.

Otherwise, it's likely a hardware issue with the iPod's clickwheel, meaning you'll need to take or send your iPod in for service either via Apple or a third party repair service. Here is Apple's repair pricing.

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/prices/

Note that they don't actually repair the device, but exchange it for one of the same generation, model, and capacity. A third party service will actually replace the damage part for a little less. Google "iPod repair" and you should get a number of results to work with.

B-rock

Menu and Pause buttons won't work on iPod classic.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.