Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

temporarily stop pushing/fetching/syncing WORK mail

Hi,

I work at a University where students email at all times in the middle of the night and in weekends (even on christmas). Now, on my mac mail i can temporarily take my work email offline if i want peace of mind in the weekend.

I wish there was an easy way to control which email accounts should sync at certain times on my mac and for my iphone. for example, my private email can sync 24 hours a day, while i want my work email only to sync between say 08:00 till 19:00 on weekdays and not at all in the weekends.

Is there any way it is possible to achieve this? I know that it's possible on some other device because someone told me about it but i don't remember. It shouldn't be that hard though.

Right now on my iphone i have to go to the settings menu, to email, to my work email, and then switch off the email function, which i think is a lot of unnecessary hassle. Also that way it is not visible at all anymore so if i do want to check if i've got something quickly i have to do the whole menu circus again to turn the account on and then off again.

See i want it to be easy to turn off the automatic syncing or pushing/fetching, but still keep the possibility of manually pick up emails if i want to.

Thanks very much

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 8:09 AM

2 replies

temporarily stop pushing/fetching/syncing WORK mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.