You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Male to Male ADC?

I'm trying to use an ADC cinema display with newer macs. I have a Belkin DVI ADC adapter, but unfortunately the ADC end is "female" (i.e. the same as the monitor cable end), obviously for people wanting to plug a newer monitor into the older Mac. I want to do the opposite: that is, continue to use the old display. Is there a simple solution? Or is hunting down the $200+ ADC/DVI box the only option? If so, I'll have to give up on the Cinema display.

User uploaded file

= no good

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 8:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 8:32 AM

I have been down the same road 2-3 years ago and gave up on the cinema display, Did not seem to be worth it.

2 replies

Nov 20, 2012 10:35 PM in response to JTSparks

The Belkin adapter is for connecting a DVI display to a computer with ADC. It will not work the other way. You need the DVI to ADC adapter, which includes the power supply for the display. You should be able to get one for closer to $100 than $200.

<http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00011KHT2/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condit ion=used>

Male to Male ADC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.