Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps will not update

Yesterday I had two apps that needed updating. I went to the app store/update and did the update, it would start then quit. Nothing would make them update. I tried deleting one then reinstalling but that will not happen either. These are free apps (Lowes & Sears), I do not have a lot of apps on my phone, only one app is purchased. Ever since I downloaded Apples last update to the system crazy things have happened. I could not change the default ringtone, finally found an answer for that. MS Outlook could not download/see contacts from ICloud, finally found an answer for that. Can't seem to resolve this issue, tried several things I found in support groups: changed date to one year ahead--no go. Tried resetting network, no good. Anybody else have an idea?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 12:21 PM

You could try signing out, and back in to your Apple ID in Settings > iTunes and App Store.

If that doesn't work I would try restoring the device as per ht1414.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

4 replies

Nov 21, 2012 12:27 PM in response to wingrider6

This did solve the problem but what a task. Took all night, then this morning the four apps (two more needed updating before I tried this) still did not copy back to the phone. I cancelled the copy of apps to the phone, disconnected the phone, restarted the phone, hooked the phone back up to computer/ITunes and then checked each of the "bad" apps individually and resynced each individually. Everything seems fine now. I sure hope Apple never updates anything again. This is the third issue I've had since the last update.

Apps will not update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.