Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get game data back on the iPad after being sent a replacement?

I took my iPad into a shop for repair and they replaced it. Before I took it I backed it up to iTunes. When I got my replacement I synced my iPad with iTunes and got all my apps back. Only problem is I've lost all my game data. My achievements are on game centre. How do I get the game data back? Also I bought extra levels on a game and they have disappeared to? Can anyone help?

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 12:01 PM

2 replies

Nov 20, 2012 12:21 PM in response to Dollyander

You should have restored from the backup before you synced the iPad. If iTunes created a new backup when you synced, the old backup may have been overwritten and the data may be gone.

Without connecting the iPad to your computer, launch iTunes and go to Edit>Preferences>Devices. Do you see a backup in that window from the day that you backed up the iPad before you sent it out to be replaced? If you do have a backup from that days, you can try restoring from that backup. While you are still in that window, click on the box that says - prevent iPods, iPhones .... From syncing automatically. Click OK. Quit iTunes.

Connect the iPad to your computer and launch iTunes, right click on the iPad under devices and select Restore From Backup. Select that backup from the window that pops up and restore from it. Then sync with iTunes.

You can turn Auto sync back on in the prefers when you are done.

How do I get game data back on the iPad after being sent a replacement?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.