Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple won't replace my iPhone 5 under warranty !!

😠

I have swap my white iPhone 5 fifth time with light leaking issues bettween " device’s glass display, and chamfered aluminum antenna." to apple store, Genius Bar.

They told me is my last exchange for this issure, and won't replace under warranty. I very disspointed that not fault and a manufarcuting issure.

My question is can they even do this!? What if I get dust problems later down the road, within my 1 year warranty, this leaves me with a useless warranty? Can corporate do something? 😠😠

Ca-Bear # E82088

18-Nov-12

Apple Store : Manhattan Village, CA

(310) 421-3720

Problem Description/Diagnosis

Issue: Light bleeds in the area of the sleep button.
This is the fifth replacement under warranty. Informed cx that this will be the last warranty swap
Proposed Resolution: Warranty swap

Employee 1460327672

Repair Estimate

Item Number Description Price Amount Due
661-6847 iPhone 5, GSM, 16GB, White
Replacement Serial Id: , XXXXXXXXXIMEI:
$ 0.00 $ 0.00
S4897Z/A IPHONE 5 FLAT RATE REPAIR RETAIL-INT
Replacement Serial Id: , XXXXXXXXXIMEI:
$ 229.00 $ 0.00
Total (Tax not included) $ 229.00 $ 0.00

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 10:57 AM

1 reply

Nov 20, 2012 11:32 AM in response to Problem with my battery

Whether Apple Corporate can do anthing about this issue is something none of us here, who are all just fellow users, can say. You can call Apple Customer Relations at 1-800-767-2775 and discuss the matter with them, but five replacements in just a couple of months for the same issue seems excessive to me and may indicate that you're being too picky and demanding, but not having seen any of the iPhones I can't say. You'll need to talk with Apple Customer Relations.

Regards.

Apple won't replace my iPhone 5 under warranty !!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.