Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Cursor over fullpage background object

When I have a full page graphic as a background object and "Make background objects selectable" is deselected, sporadically I get a white arrow and cannot enter text. This is a text document.

To get back to the text I have to make the object selectable, move or delete it, and only when the arrow moves over a portion of the screen where the object is no longer there do I get a cursor. I use a PDF full page graphic for my letterhead and this is a problem.

Pages 09-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 4:07 PM

Not the right way to make a letterhead template but:

click on background object > Arrange > Format > Advanced > Move Object to Section Master > uncheck Make Master Objects Selectable

Peter

4 replies

Nov 21, 2012 11:08 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

Our letterhead is a graphic element that, like a watermark, has low opacity and is behind the main text area. I just found out if I go over one page the element repeats, which isn't good. So another work around. This is painfully an area where MS Word beats Pages. Sad. Thank you again Peter, guess I'm trying to push the software into places Apple hasn't considered.

No Cursor over fullpage background object

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.