Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal Alerts Coming From Wrong Email Address

I'm on OSX 10.8.2 on an iMac.

I have about 10 different email accounts in Mail.

I also have an Address Book card set to myself, designated properly as me, with two of these 10 emails listed in the card for me.

In iCal, one of my calendars is a Google calendar synch ... I get invites that are imported into Google Calendar, and these in turn get synched with iCal.

Problem I'm having is this... when a Google Calendar entry is set to alert me by email, the email GOES to the right place, but it shows as coming FROM one of my many other email addresses I have in Mail, and I don't understand why.

So again, I receive the email alert at the right place -- the problem is who the email alert is coming FROM.

As my Address Book entry is correct, I don't see how I can control this. In Mail, when I compose new messages normally it's set to choose the email address automatically of the inbox I'm composing the message from. So, I don't want to set the default here to any one specific email address. Could this be causing the issue?

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 1:51 PM

3 replies

May 18, 2017 4:23 AM in response to p.mcinnis

Hi

Only thing that works for me is to choose a default email address to compose messages from. That is however a quite annoying solution as I have several email addresses I use regularly and I don't want all emails I'm composing to have that one outgoing address as the default.

Quite often I am working in a different inbox / email and will compose messages from there. When choosing "Automatically select best account", the outgoing email that emails are composed in will always be the same email as the inbox I'm working in. And that works really well.

It doesn't seem like the iCal notifications problem can be solved while still keeping the "Automatically select best account" setting?

It's really annoying that the notifications come from a wrong email address as they can then be seen in the outbox. I am sharing this email address with some other people who aren't necessarily supposed to see all sent emails.

Please help?

Feb 10, 2014 6:43 AM in response to p.mcinnis

I was having trouble setting the default email account in the mail app. Even moving it to the top didn't seem to work. Finally got it working by doing this:

If an account mailbox is at the top, but the account is not the default, drag it down and then back up to the top. This will reset the order and establish the top one as the default.

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/61882/how-to-change-the-default-mail-ac count-in-mountain-lion

iCal Alerts Coming From Wrong Email Address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.