Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong Help Information

On this page, there is a link to "enable this behavior" for a Windows 7 PC. First, that link takes one to a "disable" not "enable" page of instructions. OK, so I thought I'd just reverse it...

It tells me:

From the Start menu, choose Control Panel, then

Choose Hardware and Sound <<< this doesn't exist

On my Windows 7, clicking on Control Panel and then "AutoPlay" and then scrolling down to "Devices" and then to my iPhone, I can see various prompts for AutoPlay. Mine is set to "Ask me every time". Changing it to "Import pictures and videos using Windows" didn't work either.

In the past, plugging my iPhone into my PC brought up a window and I could then Tag photos and delete them after uploading.

Lately, plugging my iPhone no longer brings up any AutoPlay window (it does automatically start iTunes). To upload photos from the iPhone, I have to manually click on Start, Computer, then right click on my iPhone and select "Import pictures and videos"...

How do I get the AutoPlay for the iPhone to actually work again?

Thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 12:50 PM

1 reply

Wrong Help Information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.