Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wake up problem

Hi!
My MacBook Pro 13-inch Mid 2012 takes 40 seconds or more to wake up when I open the lid after sleep more than 2 hours and a progress bar appears. I don't know why...
This happens when the power adapter is connected and when the Mac is with the battery power.

I'm confused and scared...

Thanks.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 4:26 PM

7 replies

Nov 21, 2012 6:45 PM in response to aitor__1990

Wow. I thought I was gonna be the only one with this problem, but apparently not. And surprisingly, I have the same MBP you do and the exact same problem. It takes time to wake up after sleep, though not every single time. That progress bar appears and after that I have to wait another 5-6 seconds for the mouse and keyboard to work so that I can log in.

It's only just started happening. I wonder if it's a glitch in their updates. To be honest, 10.8 has not been as smooth for me as I would have liked it to be.

Nov 30, 2012 10:19 AM in response to aitor__1990

Well to be honest, I am not going to fiddle around with my mac. Since this problem is with many other users and doesn't seem to be a really major problem, I am happy to wait for Apple to release a fix for this problem. I don't mind a bit of waiting before my mac starts up, not that impatient.

I was worried simply because I thought this was a big issue and that there is some sort of glitch in my machine, but it isn't so. But now that I know that many other people face the same problem, I am somewhat relieved and I'll just go ahead and wait for that update.

Wake up problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.