Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"iTunes cannot backup Iphone "iPhone" because an error occurred"

I have been trying (with no avail) for days to backup my iPhone, however continue to receive this error. I have manually deleted my last backups, however continue to get this error. I have also restarted my computer and iPhone, confirmed iTunes is up to date (version 10.7.21) and my ios is version 6.0.1. I restarted my computer after manually deleting old backups from \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\.

I also tried switching to backupb to iCloud...same error message.

I'm scared to delete all of my existing backups especially if I need to eventually restore my phone. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!! I am using a windows 7 pc.

User uploaded file

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 8:00 PM

3 replies

Feb 24, 2013 9:07 PM in response to Step-M

Hey. Yes, I did fix it but I had to restore my iPhone. I transferred everything to a file on my computer (songs & pictures) and restored the phone. After I restored the phone, I transferred everything back and backed up the phone and it worked. I haven't had any problem since then. Have you tried deleting your last successful backup first? If not I would try that before restoring.

Apr 3, 2013 2:27 PM in response to beezlaweez

I did a complete restore. Spent days reorganizing my phone, made 1 backup and now I get the same error message, "cannot backup iPhone because an error occured" I give up. It's not fixable.. I guess I just have to hope that I never need to restore because all I have is that one backup.

I have tried 3 differnet Macs, three different cables.. same error so it MUST be the iphone 4S. I also have the latest iOS 6.1.3 and iTunes 11.0.2

What is wrong with Apple these days??? What happened to "it just works"??

"iTunes cannot backup Iphone "iPhone" because an error occurred"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.