Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I view one window on my Macbook and another on TV via Mountain Lion mirroring?

Hopefully the title explains what I am trying to do - I would like to browse the internet on my macbook (say in Chrome) whilst streaming another window (say Safari) to my tv. Is this even possible? I can mirror easily enough via macbook/apple tv but would like to view and browse via my macbook at the same time.

If this isn't possible via Mountain Lion mirroring, is it supported in Airparrot?

Thanks in advance.

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 8:17 PM

1 reply

Nov 20, 2012 9:18 PM in response to happiness.stan

Seeing the same picture on both screens is pretty much the definition of mirroring, including AirPlay Mirroring. If you want different windows on different screens, you would use desktop extension, which is not via AirPlay.

I haven't tried it, but the AirParrot website says it supports Desktop Extension. It even supports App Mirroring to mirror just a specific application, something that Apple does not support directly.

Can I view one window on my Macbook and another on TV via Mountain Lion mirroring?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.