Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music appears grey with a sync symbol on iPhone 4 (iOS 6.0.1) on iTunes (newest version as of 11/20/2012) and will not play on iPhone. It is set to manually manage music.

So I got a brand new iPhone 4 from a Sprint retailer, and it came with the software that was available at the time of the release. I left it that way for a while and put music on it through iTunes (latest version as of 11/20/2012) with no problems. Then I updated the software on the iPhone to iOS6.0.1 and when i tried to put music on it through iTunes like normal the songs showed up in the library of the iPhone (still on the computer) however they were grey and they had a syncing symbol to the left as if it were still syncing the music. I waited and waited but it would not go away. then I clicked the arrow at the middle top of iTunes where it shows you what song is playing and everything else iTunes is doing, and it did not say that it was syncing the music like normal. Basically the library indicated the music was still syncing but iTunes was not putting it on. I currently have it set to manually manage music. I do not want to switch it to automatically sync or reset my iPhone because I will lose my information. Any immediate help would be greatly appreciated!

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1, iTunes 10.7

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 11:21 PM

There are no replies.

Music appears grey with a sync symbol on iPhone 4 (iOS 6.0.1) on iTunes (newest version as of 11/20/2012) and will not play on iPhone. It is set to manually manage music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.