Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compare documents in Pages as you do in MS Word

Microsoft Words has a function named "compare documents" in the review bar. How can I compare documents in Pages? (I mean, how to compare two documents and obtain a third one containing the changes made in the original one?) thanks in advance for your help !!

Time Capsule, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

I have this question too (2) Reply

Actions

Pages 09-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.4), MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 7:03 AM

Not available in Pages.

Peter

4 replies

Apr 19, 2015 3:01 PM in response to Antuco

It is true that this feature is not available in Pages. However, as this article explains, Pages picks up tracking information from Word .doc (and even .docx) documents very well. Presumably, you need to compare two documents because you sent a Pages document as a Word file to someone else. All that you need to do is compare what they sent back to what you sent in Word and then open that new document in Pages.

The only problem is if you have complex formatting. Even in that case, however, you can use the tracked document as a clear guide to accepting/rejecting tracked edits.

Compare documents in Pages as you do in MS Word

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.