Skip navigation

Something has gone wrong inside my Soundtrack Pro and I cannot figure it out.

667 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 10:05 AM by AC_Slater RSS
AC_Slater Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 21, 2012 8:32 AM

So I can record with any other program on my Mac Pro, including the voiceover inside FCP, but cannot get a clean recording from Soundtrack Pro.

Everything sounds like this - https://rapidshare.com/files/4143174674/Track%201%20Recording%20232.aif

I thought it might have something to do with sample rates, but didn't notice anyhting.

I was using a Shure SM89 shotgun mic recording some family members commentating on old family film. I was going into a Behringer 1202 mixer, and then out into my Mac Pro from the line-in. I assume I cannot fix these recording, and it was my fualt as I had my headphones pluged into my mixer and not into the computer.

Now anything I record in Soundtrack Pro sounds like this, although it records fine in other programs.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), MacPro 2x 3GHz quad core 6gb ram
  • Studio X Level 7 Level 7 (26,835 points)

Is the Behringer is a straight analog mixer? If so, you must be using the Mac for A/D conversion.

Do you set up your audio input settings using "Audio MIDI Setup"? If so, what are the settings?

x

So, Open up Audio Midi Setup and make sure you have the proper settings for using the line in system input.

I really would suggest using an external A/D converter as the internal Mac ones are quite noisey.

x

Normally you'd like your audio recorded as 48khz /16 bit for use with video (in AIFF format).

If you are recording into the MacPro, why not use the Motu?

If for some reason that is impractical, there are a number of small, very portable 1, 2 or 4 channel A/D converters on the market.

Here's a bunch under $100 at Sweetwater

Good luck,

x

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.