Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Use a Different Custom Page size for each page?

Hi,

I am in Pages and I want to create a different custom page size per page. I am creating a handout and I want it to be layered with the page bellow the top one a .5 inch longer so I can have a title bar stick out. I have created the custom pages, but Pages won't let me pick a different page size per page.

Is there a way to get around this?

I've created a screencast to show you what is happening.

Well the video button uptop is broke and won't let me add the video, of course.

So you will have to piece the link together:

youtube com / watch?v=uRLUoI5377E

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 10:03 AM

6 replies

Nov 21, 2012 10:49 AM in response to theelysium

Page size (and orientation) is a global setting within a document—it applies to all pages.

What is the purpose of the 'title bar'?

If it's simply to make page two's title visible, place that title in a Text box at the bottom of page 1. If you want to move to Page 2 by clicking on the page 2 title, make the first word or phrase on Page 2 a Bookmark, then make the Page 2 Title text on Page 1 a hyperlink connected to that bookmark.

Check out the Link Inspector and the Pages '09 User Guide for details. The guide may be downloaded via the help menu in Pages.

Regards,

Barry

Nov 21, 2012 11:21 AM in response to Barry

That's not the way my project is designed. It's a printed user guide designed to hang on a wall, where an end user and see a topic and flit to it quickly. Your suggestion does not help, because that's not the design of my handout.

It is helpful when people who respond to questions actually answer the question.

Your response is irrelevant.

Thank you.

Nov 21, 2012 11:52 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

He is incorrect, becuse he iddn't answer the qestions. I don't need people telling me how to change my project.

The answer is all pages have to be the same size.

Done.

There is no heyperlink needed, no linking of pages... that's dumb. It has nothing to do with my project, because my project is a FREAKING print out... It's irrelevent information.

Nov 21, 2012 11:57 AM in response to theelysium

You're correct. I went off track when I offered a suggestion for an on-screen version.

The first line of my response still applies, though. It's a global setting within the document.

You can define different pages sizes for different documents, though, so a possible method of accomplishing what you want is to make each page a separate document and define a different page size for each of those documents.

Or you could place all pages in the same document, set the page size for the document to the largest size needed, then use a separate Layout for each page and set the bottom margin to use only as much of the page as needed for that page of the printed document (or just insert a page break at the appropriate location.

You haven't said whether you are printing to different sized sheets or to sheets of the same size, then trimming to size after printing, but it shouldn't matter to the suggestions above. My printer, a consumer model, has no problem accepting a sheet of paper that is shorter vertically than the page size set in Pages (or other application), printing the portion of the (application) page that is used, then spitting out the page and pulling up the next one when Pages sends the page break inserted in the document or triggered by the bottom margin.

Regards,

Barry

Nov 21, 2012 12:00 PM in response to theelysium

He is not incorrect. That is the way Pages works and you have to create the project the way any sensible person will to achieve the end result. The same thing applies to your project as if it went to a commercial printer.

You will not print to odd sizes of paper, or if you do it will misalign.

Jumping up and down, just because the answer isn't what you want to hear, won't change anything except make us avoid you in future.

How to Use a Different Custom Page size for each page?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.