I have tried the following, to no avail:
(1) Turn iPad fully off then on.
(2) Re-set network settings General >Reset>Reset Network Settings
(3) Turn 'Find my iPad' off then on in Settings>iCloud>Find my iPad
(4) Played a youtube video on my iPad while trying to locate the device on my desktop computer
(5) Deleting the app then re-installing it
icloud still tells me that my iPad is offline and actions will take effect when it connects to the internet, which is crazy because it's connected to wifi, hence strategy 4.
Just as FYI, my iPhone and iPad have the same icloud accounts and I have the app downloaded and logged on to both devices.
Help is still required please
There are some additional troubleshooting steps you can try here: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4006. Also, some users are having problems getting photo stream to work with certain router/modems (especially Comcast Arris modems). You might want to try seeing if it will work over cellular (by turning off wifi) to see if that's an issue.
I looked at the trouble shooting - everything is fine on the iPad.
Actually, the app worked last night while I was standing next to the router, however, when i moved away to the top of the house, it read that the device was offline again despite the fact that I can still watch videos from youtube at the top of the house.