Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage activation. The username or password was incorrect. Try again

It keeps telling me that and my password is correct I even changed it but still d same thing. It has been like that for almost a month. How can I make it work pls?

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 10:02 AM

I know this is really late, probably won't help you, and might not even be related, but this is about the only Apple Discussions result for this specific error message. I'm using two-factor authentication and it turns out that recently, Apple started requiring app-specific passwords for Facetime and iMessage. You might not even realise that this is the case until you stop getting iMessages and try to fix it, only to start getting this error instead.

The instructions on this page apply.

Get help signing in to FaceTime, Game Center, Messages - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2015 10:02 AM in response to Cases400

I know this is really late, probably won't help you, and might not even be related, but this is about the only Apple Discussions result for this specific error message. I'm using two-factor authentication and it turns out that recently, Apple started requiring app-specific passwords for Facetime and iMessage. You might not even realise that this is the case until you stop getting iMessages and try to fix it, only to start getting this error instead.

The instructions on this page apply.

Get help signing in to FaceTime, Game Center, Messages - Apple Support

iMessage activation. The username or password was incorrect. Try again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.