Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scrambled video when installing Win7 on MBA 13" 2012

Hello!

I have an MBA 13" standard, from Nov 2012, with OSX 10.8 and I'm trying to install Windows 7 on it.

With Windows 7 on a USB stick and a partition setup, all prepared by BootCamp Assistant, I reboot and all I get is scrambled video!

I can see a scrambled Windows animation, and then some kind of scrambled prompt appears. I can tell it's the first prompt of installation, so everything is cool except the video is all corrupt so I can't see what I'm clicking.

My guess is that my Windows 7 disc, which is from 2009, doesn't have a video driver that can work with MBA's new Intel HD 4000 video.

When I search for any information about this issue (corrupt or scrambled video, drivers, etc) all I see is solutions that are applied to Windows, AFTER Windows 7 is installed.

I understand there is "Windows Support Software" provided by Apple, which you can download with BootCamp Assistant (where does it go???) or, because that process is really slow, you can manually download it as an 800mb file (which I've done). As far as I can tell, this software is installed in Windows AFTER the Win7 OS is installed... again something I can't do.

My WIndows 7 retail disc is Win7 Home 32bit.

Does it matter that it's 32bit?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 11:47 AM

There are no replies.

Scrambled video when installing Win7 on MBA 13" 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.