Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Bose Soundlink vs Skype Problem

Hi,

OK so I have Bose Soundlink bluetooth speakers - they work fine - most of the time.

Except for Skype - They never work for Skype, I turn Bluetooth off and try to use my Macbook speakers instead - then they dont work.

The only way for me to have Skype sound is to restart Skype with the bluetooth speaker connection off.. It's a bit annoying..

Any suggestion please? Cant find any info about it online

Thanks

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 1:35 PM

4 replies

Oct 7, 2013 5:21 AM in response to wheretofindmatt

Weird - I have been having the same problem getting my Bose Soundlink II speaker to work with skype on both my iMac and from my iphone 5. Today I deceided to log it with apple to see if there was a solution and called a friend to hear him as normal on the iMac speakers but I then pushed the bluetooth button on the Bose and suddenly it worked. I do not know yet if it will work from my iphone but please please - I would be really happy if this could be made to work as I use it when out of the house - please someone test this if they can and if it does not work - please could someone have a look at this as it works fine playing music from iTunes and even mutes when someone calls but it would be nice to be able to use it as the speaker.

Bluetooth Bose Soundlink vs Skype Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.