Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find 10.8.1 download link

I have been trying to upgrade a 13" Retina MBP to 10.8.2 by cloning the system from another disk (using CCC).

The result is that I no longer have a 10.8.1 recovery partition on the 13 retina, so it won't boot.

I guess I have to find the complete 10.8.1 dmg file, which I'm not finding anywhere.

Is there a way to find at least the recovery partition for 10.8.1 ?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 3:46 PM

There is no disk image, DVD, or a download unless you purchase a copy at the App Store. You should hopefully learn to ask first, shoot later.

OS X (Lion/Mountain Lion)- About OS X Recovery.

When you manage to reinstall 10.8.1 you can then install the OS X Mountain Lion Update v10.8.2 (Combo) followed by the new OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0 released yesterday specifically for the 13" Retina MBP.

If you plan to clone Lion or Mountain Lion volumes together with their Recovey HDs, then use Disk Utility's Restore option to do the job. CCC can clone a Recovery HD but only if one already exists on the Source drive.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2012 3:46 PM in response to leomore™

There is no disk image, DVD, or a download unless you purchase a copy at the App Store. You should hopefully learn to ask first, shoot later.

OS X (Lion/Mountain Lion)- About OS X Recovery.

When you manage to reinstall 10.8.1 you can then install the OS X Mountain Lion Update v10.8.2 (Combo) followed by the new OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0 released yesterday specifically for the 13" Retina MBP.

If you plan to clone Lion or Mountain Lion volumes together with their Recovey HDs, then use Disk Utility's Restore option to do the job. CCC can clone a Recovery HD but only if one already exists on the Source drive.

Nov 21, 2012 11:52 PM in response to Kappy

Kappy, I might not express myself properly... I know I cannot update an empty drive.

I purchased ML a couple of days after its release date but if I download it and install it on the 13" Retina it will try to put 10.8.2 automatically, and it actually does since it's not booting. (In TDM I can see that the OS installed on the 13" Retina internal SSD is actually 10.8.2).

My question was about re-downloading the original 10.8 I purchased months ago.

Thanks

Can't find 10.8.1 download link

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.