Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages view and margins for quote help!

I want to set a quote in 1.5in but when opened inspector and accidentally clicked facing pages I now have to pages side by side how to I restore it normal view? and how do I set the quote in 1.5in margins with out changing the rest of the text? Thank you!

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 3:59 PM

2 replies

Nov 21, 2012 10:04 PM in response to Birdee27

If the quote is in a single paragraph, click in that paragraph; if the quote continues through more than one paragraph, click anywhere in the first, then drag to select all the text between there and somewhere in the last paragraph of the quote.

Then go to the Ruler at the top of the page and drag the left margin stop to the 1.5 inch mark.

User uploaded file

Note that the left margin stop has two parts. The triangle sets the paragraph margin, the rectangle sitting on the triangle sets the first line margin for the paragraph. Drag the triangle, and both will move together.

Regards,

Barry

PS: The quotation is from Baruch Spinoza,who happened to be the topic of a radio program on while I was writing this.

Pages view and margins for quote help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.