Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having password issues with iMessage / Keychain / email

Not sure what is going on lately with my system but I keep getting periodic prompts to enter email passwords and my keychain password.

Another issue is that I can't seem to log on to iMessage. Trying to figure out how to use the phone text message feature. It seems that this worked before for me in the past but now isn't working. I thought that my iMessage password was the same as my AppleID password. Is this not the case?

Regarding the system remembering passwords: Is there some way to confirm my passwords so I don't have to keep re-entering them other than when first loggin on or unlocking from sleep etc?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), I THINK thats which OS I'm running.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 4:50 PM

9 replies

Nov 23, 2012 2:49 PM in response to sdevilcry

HI,

Check System Preferences > Users and Groups that your account is not set to ask for the password on Waking.

User uploaded file

10:48 PM Friday; November 23, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Nov 24, 2012 12:29 PM in response to Davishula

Hi all,

Just a note as I don't actually have this issue.

At the same time my Software Update and App Store app have also not spotted/reported that I need this Update.

User uploaded file

8:28 PM Saturday; November 24, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Having password issues with iMessage / Keychain / email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.