Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Remove Location MetaData From Photos

How do I remove location info from a photo?

aluminum imac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 5:43 PM

There isn't any unless your camera has written it there. You can edit the exif with various apps including Exif Editor

6 replies

Nov 21, 2012 6:06 PM in response to Yer_Man

Apple should at least make it easy to strip the data from a photo.

Other can explain it better than I can

From Technorati...If the photos of your precious children, or the $250,000 Porsche you have parked in your garage at home fell into the wrong hands, then someone could use this EXIF data to find outexactly where the photo was taken. I am sure you can work out where the danger in having such data exposed to the public like that lies.

From NY Times....

Web Photos That Reveal Secrets, Like Where You Live

A handful of academic researchers and independent Web security analysts, who call themselves “white hat hackers,” have been trying to raise awareness about geotags by releasing studies and giving presentations at technology get-togethers like the Hackers On Planet Earth, or Next HOPE, conference held last month in New York.

Many of the pictures show people’s children playing in or around their homes. Others reveal expensive cars, computers and flat-screen televisions. There are also pictures of people at their friends’ houses or at theStarbucks they visit each morning.

The paper provides three examples of so-called cybercasing that use photos posted on Twitter and Craigslist and a homemade video on YouTube.

By looking at geotags and the text of posts, Mr. Sommer said, “you can easily find out where people live, what kind of things they have in their house and also when they are going to be away.”

How to Remove Location MetaData From Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.