Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a second HDD on my MBP (using optic bay adaptor and i have the hdd in superdrive place). How can i install windows there? It says is not possible boot from that HDD...

I make the particion for windows on that HDD then i restart and when it's time to solect hdd to install windows it says: "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

What am i doing wrong?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 5:25 PM

6 replies

Nov 22, 2012 4:24 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

I have read everthing about bootcamp. It's not my first time. I installed bootcamp several times in my mac.

Since i installed my SSD in the mais disk and i put the HDD in a opticbay replacing superdrive.

If i install bootcamp in SSD it works fine. I wanna install it on my HDD wich is in opticbay (superdrive place) but tje macbook doesnt recognize it as a boot disk.

All the forum speaking about that they don't have this problem but my macbook does not recognize the second HDD as a bootable one...

Nov 23, 2012 9:08 PM in response to Csound1

Weel, i'm sorry but my macbook is crazy... And it's making me crazy.

I installed windows, everything is fine, i put the HDD in superdrive and the SSD in the correct place, (winows is in superdrive) and when i restart i press option and i can see: mac os x 10.8, mac osx 10.8 recovery and windows. Everything fine so far. When i try windows, first time a black LCD and in a few seconds it says no bootable disk found. Other tries it just stays black for minutes and nothing....

I thing it's some problem with opticbay. Strange is when i run max osx i can see the disk and use it normally...

Going to defenitions, boot disk i only see the mac osx... It shoud show the windows disk to...

I believe my opticbay doesn't supert boot...

I have a second HDD on my MBP (using optic bay adaptor and i have the hdd in superdrive place). How can i install windows there? It says is not possible boot from that HDD...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.