Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does apple tv extend wireless network

Anyone know if apple tv extends your wireless network for better reception? I want to hook one into my tv but the room it is in can be inconsistent with the wireless network in the house. I want to be able to stream stuff from my iPad into the apple tv, but also get better reception from the network if I just want to browse web pages or email etc.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 4 GB RAM

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 9:09 PM

2 replies

Nov 21, 2012 9:18 PM in response to CharlieOz

Anyone know if apple tv extends your wireless network for better reception?

It does not do this.

If you have an AirPort Extreme now as your "main" router, you might consider adding another AirPort Extreme or AirPort Express to "extend" the wireless signal to provide better wireless signal coverage.

The "extending" device would be located about half way between your main AirPort Extreme and the Apple TV

It is also possible to hard wire the Apple TV to the main AirPort Extreme....which is by far the best performance option.....but that involves running an Ethernet cable.

Does apple tv extend wireless network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.