Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stuck on apple logo

iPad 2 seems stuck on apple logo, goes through boot attempt from blank dark screen to apple logo repeatedly. I'm not sure what happened to it -but it does not show up in iTunes to do a reset from there.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 10:46 PM

9 replies

Jul 25, 2017 8:01 PM in response to atheompson

There is a way though so make sure you follow these instructions carefully:

1. Hold the home and power buttons down together

2. The Apple logo should disappear from your screen

3. After a couple of minutes it should reappear – when it does, release the buttons

4. Quickly hold them both down again until your device goes off

5. Plug the USB cable into your computer (not to your device yet)

6. Hold the Home button down and plug the cable to your device

7. When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the button

8. iTunes will open and the Device in Recovery message will appear

Click on Restore

If the method can't fix your problem, you may try this tool.

Steps to Fix iPad Stuck on Apple Logo Issue

Nov 21, 2012 11:07 PM in response to talltexan2

Try and force your iPad into Recovery Mode:

1. Turn off iPad

2. Connect USB cable to computer; leave the other end alone

3. Press and hold the Home button down and connect the docking end of cable to iPad

4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect To iTune" screen

5. Release the Home button

6. Open iTune

7. You should see "iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode"

8. Use iTune to restore iPad

Note: You need to be patient and repeat the above many times to recover your iPad

Nov 21, 2012 11:36 PM in response to talltexan2

The above steps described by Diabonex are also known as DFU which stands for Device Firmware Upgrade and can be tricky to get right. Search on YouTube for a timing video as that will help a lot, just look for DFU mode.

Also a good idea to check inside the "System Information" app if your Mac is seeing a USB device. You can find this by going into the Utilities folder or going to the Apple menu, selecting About this Mac then More info... and then System Report. It should say iPhone under one of the USB Hubs.

Nov 22, 2012 6:12 AM in response to talltexan2

What to Do When Your iPad Won't Turn On

http://ipad.about.com/od/iPad_Troubleshooting/ss/What-To-Do-When-Your-Ipad-Wo-No t-Turn-On.htm

iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3281

iPad Frozen? How to Force Quit an App, Reset or Restart Your iPad

http://ipadacademy.com/2010/11/ipad-frozen-how-to-force-quit-an-app-reset-or-res tart-your-ipad

iPad: Basic troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3274

Update and restore alert messages on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

http://www.buybuyla.com/tech/view/012953a0d412000e.shtml

iOS: Resolving update and restore alert messages

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1275

iPad: Unable to update or restore

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4097

 Cheers, Tom 😉

May 3, 2013 9:19 PM in response to talltexan2

I just experienced this. RUN DO NOT WALK to your Apple dealer and get the problem documented. As it turns out, this being just DAYS after my warranty expired, my iPad bit the dust and it started with this problem just about a month ago. I was told because there was no "documented history" of this problem with my iPad, they could only offer me a "new" iPad at about 1/2 price but only 90 days warranty.

I suggest get the problem DOCUMENTED. Not sure how much this will help when your iPad bites the dust, but it may. I am sooo disappointed.

Jul 18, 2013 5:54 PM in response to irishgurl1

Yes. Recovery mode will totally erase the device and take it completely back to factory settings. If you have a backup, you can restore from the backup and sync with iTunes or download all of your content from iCloud again when you are done restoring. If you don't have a backup now, it's too late. You will lose all data and photos,

Nov 26, 2014 6:57 PM in response to jlb99577

jlb99577 wrote:

I just experienced this. RUN DO NOT WALK to your Apple dealer and get the problem documented. As it turns out, this being just DAYS after my warranty expired, my iPad bit the dust and it started with this problem just about a month ago. I was told because there was no "documented history" of this problem with my iPad, they could only offer me a "new" iPad at about 1/2 price but only 90 days warranty.

I suggest get the problem DOCUMENTED. Not sure how much this will help when your iPad bites the dust, but it may. I am sooo disappointed.

OK folks, this is the solution to the problem of iPhone/iPad stuck on Apple logo screen; Cannot shut device down; iTunes and computer will not recognize device after plugging in to USB port: (At least it was the solution for me. Worked for both iPhone 5c and iPad 2 Retina.)

PLEASE NOTE: Restoring your device using iTunes may result in the resetting of your device to factory condition. Data may be lost. If you have previously backed up your device to iTunes, you can use this backup point plus iCloud to restore most of your data and settings.

Plug device into computer running iTunes, using the USB cable. (If iTunes recognizes your device, you can stop here and restore your device - either as new or from a previous backup)

Reset your device - while plugged in - by holding down the home and sleep buttons for several seconds. The apple logo should blink off and your computer and iTunes will recognize that your device is plugged in.

Proceed with restoring your device using iTunes on your computer. If iTunes doesn't automatically recognize that your device is in recovery mode, click the name of your device in the left pane of the iTunes window, then proceed with the restoration of your device. If you have ever backed your device up to iTunes, you can choose to restore from that backup point. Otherwise, you will have to restore the device as new (factory reset) and will lose your data - however, all apps, free and paid, can be redownloaded from iTunes. Also, if you have backed up any data or media from your device to iCloud, you can restore that data using your device and a WiFi connection.

Hope this helps.

May 30, 2016 9:42 PM in response to wreninr

During the process of recovering data of iPhone, things might become worse like the enquirer’s experience - iPhone 6 stuck at the Apple Logo. Aside from this, iPhone may be stuck in Apple logo on account of a lot reasons, such as after updating iOS on your iPhone, after jailbreaking your iPhone, or performing a regular restore. When iPhone is stuck in Apple Logo, it equivalents to a toy, you can do nothing with it, you can’t call anybody else, you can’t text others, you can’t take a picture with it, it totally becomes a junk.

Whatsapp Recovery for iPhone can release your load. When you are wondering: What causes iPhone 6/6 Plus to be stuck on Apple screen? How to fix iPhone stuck in Apple Logo? It can renew your iPhone to normal, all your data will be found back with the help of it, and you can operate it as previous easiness.

See more:

Recover deleted whatsapp messages from iphone

stuck on apple logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.