Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reminders syncs not from mac to icloud (but backwards!!)

Hello out there,

I have some issues with reminders on Mac (10.8.2). All the reminders I edit on iphone/iPad/Web are synced to my Mac,

but all the reminders I edit on Mac are not synced to iphone/iPad/Web. This means if I setup a new reminder or even

mark one as resolved on Mac this is not synced to iphone/iPad/Web.

I already tried to deactivate reminders/calenders in settings and reactivate after a while and all reminders which

are in the cloud appear, but if I change/edit something in reminders on mac I still have the same problem.

Any ideas?

thx

Jörg

MacBook Air (13-INCH, MID 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 1:11 AM

6 replies

Nov 22, 2012 4:30 AM in response to Unwies

Unwies wrote:

Like I mentioned I tried all the tips from http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4000

Sorry, I didn't, and still don't, see you mentioning that doc, or listing all of the many checks and options mentioned in there.

Unwies wrote:

There is no firwall active which could block the needed ports (note, claendar and mail is working fine)

How do you access the Internet with your Mac? No router???

If everything else is okay, it still looks as if, on your Mac and with Reminders, you're "staying locally there", not talking to iCloud. Do you actually have this "iCloud bar" in your Reminders group list as per image here below?

User uploaded file

Nov 22, 2012 5:56 AM in response to LousyFool

Sorry, you are absolutely right. I didn't mentioned that document, only a part of it (deactivate, etc.).

Now I did some deeper test, because I was not sure regrading the firewall. I activated the mac firewall, just to see if something was configured and still active in the background, but this wasn't the case. I checked my router (FritzBox 7270) but even here no firewall was active. I tried with iphone&hotspot to use antother connection. Same here.

I started PacketScope an could see that calendar and reminders are acive on port 443 and with this I also noticed that calendar is not syncing correctly (did not notice that before). I could also see that "notes" are active on port 993 which is working fine and also I can send and receive mails.

So, I took a look into the console log and found this:

22.11.12 14:48:45,161 CalendarAgent[156]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.caldav.queue] [Account refresh failed with error: Error Domain=CoreDAVErrorDomain Code=3 "Der Vorgang konnte nicht abgeschlossen werden. (CoreDAVErrorDomain-Fehler 3.)" UserInfo=0x1234567890 {AccountName=iCloud, CalDAVErrFromRefresh=YES}] (I changed the user info for security reasons)

Some rows earlier I found this: 22.11.12 14:18:29,607 CalendarAgent[156]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.caldav.queue] [Sync malfunction detected for calendar item with local UID: [354u345830580394582304582309548230495ß3].] (I changed the UID for security reasons)

This happens to me with my calendar but also with shared icloud calendars of my family members.

Does someone have an idea how to solve? Many Thanks ...

Jörg

Nov 22, 2012 8:48 AM in response to Unwies

Ok, solved 🙂

I spoke to apple and they asked me to setup a new user on my mac and setup my icloud account, didn't work. Same issue. They asked me to refresh the Mac OS X Version, but I didn't want to, so I tried that account on another mac and I had the same issue (errormessage in console -> log).

So, for me it was clear that there is an issue with my account and since reminders are part from calendar I thought it could be a problem with my calendar. So, I tried to delete my calendar and setup a new one, but

I could not even delete it from Mac. So I closed calendar on mac and opend it on iPad. I deleted the old

calendar and setup a new one. Than I reopend calendar on Mac and the old one disapeared and the new

one came up. Thanks God I had an backup of my .ics file which was not that old, so I could import it to

my new calendar.

Now it is working very fast and even reminders updates like it should.

reminders syncs not from mac to icloud (but backwards!!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.