Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given

I have followed all this setup, but the message error message: "5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given" appears all the time when I try to send any email.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 12:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 6:11 PM

Sounds like you missed this step: "SMTP Authentication Required: Yes"

17 replies

Nov 23, 2012 8:27 PM in response to c2darqdes

I don't recall the exact location of the option during initial accounts setup.

Assuming you have already set up the account and SMTP server, you have to edit the SMTP server settings. They can be found at Mail > Preferences > Accounts > [accountname] > Account Information tab > Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) > Edit SMTP Server List... > [servername] > Advanced tab > Authentication > Password

Then fill in the User Name and Password text boxes that will appear.

Let us know how that works for you.

Also, did you eventually find the Connection Doctor?

Feb 25, 2013 2:43 AM in response to c2darqdes

I know that this is an older post but, in the case that anyone still has an issue, this is resolvable with Outlook.

In the SMTP server settings, you have to:

Override default port and then type 587 in the port number next to the outgoing server name

Use SSL to connect

Then under more settings, you have to select More Options.

In that window, you will change the dropdown from None to User Name and Passwor and then, input your actual email address (username@icloud.com).

That should fix you up.

Feb 25, 2013 6:54 PM in response to matneyc

Sorry, I guess I was not clear...

I have a main icloud account plus two aliases icloud on this same account.

When I setup the main account at Mail software this automaticaly shows the other two aliases as an option to send on the From field and I can receive any email from the them at the Mail.

But when I setup the main icloud account at Microsoft Outlook it only shows to send and receive only the emails from the main icloud account.

Dec 18, 2014 9:40 AM in response to c2darqdes

Hi I logged in because I searched for this same error after experiencing it. Not a lot of value-add here, but I concur - I had to do the same thing (go to More Options under Outgoing Server & enter User Name & Password under Authentication). Just figured I'd pile on with confirmation because in my experience sometimes it's hard to sift through all the comments & find a solution that applies to particular issue.

5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.