Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos missing from playback

Photos don't show up in the playback. They were there at first then disappeared for the playback. I can still see them where I inserted them in the project. Any ideas?

This is for iMovie '09.

iMovie '08, iOS 6

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 11:52 PM

1 reply

Nov 22, 2012 12:08 AM in response to dancesonstillwater

Hi

Did You open iPhoto after this or move or alter any photos in iPhoto or on DeskTop ?

As iMovie do not do a Copy of used Photos - but just point's to where they are stored - if they are moved or deleted only the thumbnails in iMovie will remain. Same sort of Logic goes when using Audio from an Audio-CD. When CD is ejected iMove can not find the audio any more.

So I do a Folder reg the Project I work with and in this I put the needed Photos and Audio files - So that iMovie knows where they are and then I drag and drop them into my movie project from here - as iMovie has no function to go out and looking for missing items (one can not do a Re-connect to media) in iMovie as in FinalCut.

Yours Bengt W

Photos missing from playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.