Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

document will not export to word

I have created a document in pages and I need to convert to word. I have been able to do this in the past but I am now getting a message saying unknown error. Please advise. Thanks

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 2:02 AM

8 replies

Nov 23, 2012 1:52 PM in response to julianporter5

There have been other very illustrated posts in the Pages community that have exported large books into ePub from Pages and swear by it, not at it. It involved purposeful planning and technique.

To assume that the Pages ePub and Word export functions are manifestly flawed by association is hasty logic. There will be no guarantees of 100% export compatibility with MS Word.

And if we are sufficiently fortunate to receive a major update to Pages, perhaps it will bear even more professional features.

document will not export to word

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.