Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you uninstall iAntivirus?

A couple weeks ago a comcast pop up telling me that I had a bot in my system and that I needed to take care of it. So I got iAntivirus and everytime i run it it said there were no threats. Then I got ClamXav and it showed that I had 12 old phishing emails in my files. I am also trying Sophos just in case. I am wondering if the comcast pop up was legit or if it was a phishing attempt. I am considering taking it to apple just so they can check because I don't want anything bad to affect my system. But until then I cannot figure out for the life of me how to uninstall iAntivirus, any ideas?

13 inch macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 1:11 AM

3 replies

Nov 22, 2012 7:20 PM in response to CaliGurl141b1

CaliGurl141b1 wrote:

I cannot figure out for the life of me how to uninstall iAntivirus, any ideas?

First my apologies for refering to you as "he". I hadn't notice your handle when I wrote that and need to pay closer attention when on my wife's iPad.

Deleting iAntivirus may be different, depending on where you got it.

If you got it from the AppStore, then it should be the same as any other AppStore app removal as described in OS X Lion: How to remove Mac App Store apps that appear in Launchpad.

The Norton forum had this answer.

how do you uninstall iAntivirus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.