Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Guest Network Will Not Hide Hard Drive

Hello Guys!

I just enabled guest user and checked the settings for "Share disk over WAN" through AirPort Utility, because I need to perform periodic backups of the computers. The problem is that hard drive is still visible for other users. I even notice people try to gain unauthorized access. Of course I did set a password, but I want Time Capsule Hard Drive not to be even visible.

I thought according to specifications this would be possible -->

Guest networking.

Set up a separate Wi-Fi network with a separate password for your visitors. Simply enable the guest networking feature, and your guests can use the Internet but can’t access other parts of your private network, such as your computers, printers and attached hard drives.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Apple TV, iOS 5.1

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 1:21 AM

1 reply

Nov 22, 2012 3:15 AM in response to Guimesquita2

Are you confusing guest access to the hard disk and guest wireless network.. they are two entirely separate things.

Do you need to have disk access over wan turned on? If so the guest acces in file sharing should be off.

Wireless network guest has no relationship to the disk in the TC.. I would be very suprised if you can access it as that would make the guest wireless useless.

Guest Network Will Not Hide Hard Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.