Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Episode Titles Incorrect after Subscribing

Hi,

I have an issue with my podcast names in the podcast show incorrectly but only after subscribing.

Here is what i mean - If i search for my podcast 'tpsuk' in the app i get the following

User uploaded file

If i click on my podcast i can see all the episodes with the correct episode titles

User uploaded file User uploaded file

But when i click Subscribe it takes you back to the library, if i then click on my podcast again, it loads the list of episodes but the name of all the episode are now 'tpsuk'

User uploaded file User uploaded file

If search for and subscribe to the podcast in iTunes on a PC all episodes are shown correctly.

If i use Podcaster App or Stitch Radio all episodes are shown correctly

Could someone look into why this is happening in offical podcast app, is it a bug?

If required the podcast feed is coming from the following

Blog Feed: http://tpsuk.wordpress.com/category/podcast/feed/

Feedburner: feeds.feedburner.com/tpsuk

Many Thanks

Alan

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 6:25 AM

6 replies

Jan 17, 2013 12:27 PM in response to jdw21

Hi jdw21,

Not officially sorted, mine is now sorted because i moved away from wordpress.com to a self hosted site.

However we have the people over at Wordpress.com looking into, headover to here

http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/podcast-epsiode-titles-shown-incorrectly?re plies=5#post-1072369

We are waiting for them to come back to us, The lates is that is appears that our feeds all pass in the info of our Gravatar and our Gravatar name is what is used for the episode titles.

Unfortunately with wordpress.com we can't edit the feed so this will require a fix by them

ZonalRipper

Jan 17, 2013 12:43 PM in response to ZonalRipper

Thanks for the update! I'm actually using Blog Talk Radio to record and host my podcast shows. I then am using feedburner to manage the RSS feed and create a custom feed for iTunes. I'm still having the issue but have determined it must be an issue that only deals with Apple's Podcast app because I tried another podcatcher app and my show read perfect.

In iTunes Store, everything about my podcast and episodes look perfect. My show title reads:

"Blinkers Off 001: Oaklawn Begins"

But once I subscribe to the podcast and view in library the show appears as:

"001: Oaklawn Begins"

It's cutting off the first two words. Everything about feed appears perfect. This is very frustrating.

Episode Titles Incorrect after Subscribing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.