Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best service to stream movies other than Netflix?

I have Netflix and it streams great on my iPad except they don't have a full collection of top end flix even very old popular movies aren't in their streaming inventory. just their DVD mailed inventory. Ugh.

On my AppleTV I have several other services to stream from for more popular movies that Netflix doesn't have. But I can't seem to get services like:

iTunes

Amazon

Hulu+

Vudu

To stream on to my iPad.

Am I doing something wrong?

Or is there a better service to use in this case on iPad

I have a first gen iPad which only goes up to iOS 5. Could that be the problem?

Thanks

Steven

iPad 3G, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 7:22 AM

Itunes should work as long as your connection is good enough. The Movie can be watched while its downloading, so its almost like streaming, except if you buy it you can keep it in your iPad and if you rent it, you'll have 24 horus to finish watching it after you start.

The question would be what happens when you try to start watching it while it downloads?

Obvisouly there should be enough movie downloaded to start watching it, and the connection should be good enough so you don't get studder because it hasn't downloaded enough yet.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2012 7:22 AM in response to Steven Shmerler

Itunes should work as long as your connection is good enough. The Movie can be watched while its downloading, so its almost like streaming, except if you buy it you can keep it in your iPad and if you rent it, you'll have 24 horus to finish watching it after you start.

The question would be what happens when you try to start watching it while it downloads?

Obvisouly there should be enough movie downloaded to start watching it, and the connection should be good enough so you don't get studder because it hasn't downloaded enough yet.

Nov 24, 2012 6:08 AM in response to Phil0124

Hi Phil0124,

I rented "Lost in America" Albert Brooks from iTunes. It's 1GB and was downloading but all I see is the DVD cover art and a progress bar showing me how much has been downloaded.

I don't see any usual Play button. Clicking the DVD cover doesn't start the movie playing either.

I've been charged for the rental by iTunes and already have their invoice but haven't been able to watch the movie. I'm trying to download it again right now and iTunes shows I've downloaded 368MB of 1GB with 29 minutes remaining. The overall dnld time from the start was around an hour.

I don't see any evidence of being able to stream. It seems instead I have to download the whole movie first before being able to play it.

There must be a way I can stream front line videos on the iPad right? Having to wait an hour+ doesn't seem right.

Am I doing something wrong or does iTunes not allow streaming?

Are there any other services that allow frontline movie streaming that Netflix only offers by DVD in the mail?

Thanks

Steven

Best service to stream movies other than Netflix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.